Pricing is often a primary consideration in which service you select, although it’s worthwhile to remember that while some prices are all-inclusive, others require additional fees for premium support or additional features. Also, most are month-to-month, but some require a yearly commitment.
In general, the more features, the more you’ll pay. Pricing ranges from the very low ($9.95 per month all-inclusive, for basic accounting functionality) to pricey (about $500 per month for advanced functions). Most fall into the $25-$40 per month range. Keep in mind that’s it’s the products on the higher end of the scale that usually charge extra for premium support and add-ons.
Make sure you assess the pricing for all candidates and know the following:
· Is there a free trial before you begin to pay?
· Is a contract required? What is the length of the contract?
· Can you add extra users for an extra fee?
· How easy is it to upgrade or downgrade pricing plans?
· Does the vendor charge extra for support and/or training?
· Does the vendor charge extra for additional functions, such as payroll or CRM?